In this episode, Nathan and Jeffrey Kleintop discuss:
- How Jeff develops and maintains his knowledge base
- Communication learnings
- Developing a global perspective
- Maintaining a sense of discovery each day
- Utilize technology to keep a pulse on world events and to keep collaboration with other people going.
- Focus on the audience, getting asked questions is a good indicator that they are completely engaged in the topic. Use imagery and compact your sentences with long pauses in between to help your audience catch up and digest what you’re saying.
- Recognize opportunities that show themselves, don’t think about what could go wrong but what could go right – it may very well be the right step towards your own growth.
- Be motivated by a sense of discovery, cultivate a deep sense of curiosity about the world and about people.
“Don’t be afraid of making mistakes, try not to minimize risks – take smart risks and don’t be afraid of the occasional setback.” — Jeffrey Kleintop
About Jeff Kleintop: As Managing Director and Chief Global Investment Strategist at Charles Schwab, Jeffrey is responsible for analyzing and discussing international markets, trends, and events to help investors understand their significance and financial implications. He provides research, commentary, and actionable insights to Schwab’s client-facing teams and the firm’s Investor Services and Advisor Services clients.
Prior to joining Schwab, Jeffrey served as chief market strategist at LPL Financial. Earlier in his career, he was chief investment strategist at PNC Wealth Management. Cited in The Wall Street Journal as one of “Wall Street’s best and brightest,” Jeffrey frequently appears on CNBC, Bloomberg TV, and CNN, and is often quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, and the Financial Times.
Connect with Jeff Kleintop:
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200