In this episode, Nathan and Jennifer discuss:
- The demand for mental health services
- De-stigmatizing conversations around mental health
- Contributions of women in leadership
- What makes Lightfully Behavioral Health unique
- The arrival of the pandemic exacerbated existing mental health issues in many people. The demand for mental health services has significantly increased.
- To de-stigmatize conversations about mental health, try to gradually practice vulnerability and openness with your loved ones.
- Cultivating a nurturing, highly collaborative and highly communicative environment in the workplace is the optimal for people in mental health care profession.
- Bring solutions that work based on evidence. Demonstrate efficacy of treatment through data, show how someone improves through treatment.
“Be open, make that connection with your loved one. Do your best to be vulnerable.” — Jennifer Steiner
About Jennifer Steiner: As Chief Executive Officer of Lightfully Behavioral Health, Jennifer is responsible for leading Lightfully’s vision, mission and culture.
Jennifer has a history of excellence in healthcare delivery and a proven track record of success. During the last decade, Jennifer has been actively creating positive change in mental health on a national scale. She is passionate about improving the standards of care in mental health by maintaining an intense focus on clinical quality, fostering collaboration and accountability, and facilitating innovation.
Jennifer holds an MBA from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business and earned her undergraduate degree in liberal arts from The Colorado College.
She lives in Santa Barbara with her family, including her golden retriever, Mochi. She enjoys running, yoga, learning and the beautiful California shoreline. Jennifer is also the founder of “Lead Like a CHIQ”, a movement she created that promotes the power of authentically female leadership.
Connect with Jennifer Steiner:
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200