In this episode, Nathan and Doug discuss:
- How entrepreneurship takes curiosity
- Leaving a legacy
- Approaching each day with humility
- Taking care of our ecosystem
- Entrepreneurship takes a certain degree of curiosity – a love for learning new things and making new solutions for unaddressed problems.
- At some point, everyone’s has to think about what legacy they’ll leave behind. How will you like to leave this earth better than you found it?
- Approach each day with humility. You don’t know everything, so keep your mind open to the new ideas of experts and innovators in your field.
- Your company does not exists in a void, there’s a whole ecosystem that it relies on it. It’s not somebody else’s responsibility to take care of this ecosystem, but the responsibility of every member in it, including you.
“A brilliant statement that stuck with me for my entire career: go where they, the competition, aren’t. ” — Doug Speight
About Doug Speight: He is a tech startup founder, Innovation Commercialization Director for universities, NASA and DOE research labs, and Entrepreneur-In-Residence at Co.Lab and CODE2040/Google. He is also an Angel Fund Director, a Co-inventor in additive manufacturing, a startup addict and last but not the least, a playful dad.
Connect with Doug Speight:
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304