In this episode, Nathan and Vinay discuss:
- Being ready when opportunity unfolds
- The trap of setting conditions for your happiness
- Minimizing regrets in life
- Avoiding the burden of expectation
- Some people say that life is all about drive, setting goals, and attaining success but in life, opportunity can lead to doing something you didn’t plan for but end up enjoying anyway.
- Don’t fall into the trap of “I won’t be happy unless I get ____”. Putting conditions for your own happiness will only set you up for disappointment, discontentment, and unhappiness.
- Minimize your regrets in life. Don’t be stuck trying to live a life that others want you to live.
- Don’t let yourself be burdened by expectations, either from others or yourself. Carve your own path and live your own life the way you want to.
“It’s healthy to have a goal, but it’s just a guide – it’s not an end-all-be-all… if you try something new and it doesn’t work but you learn something in the process, that in itself is fulfilling. ” — Vinay Tolia
About Vinay Tolia: Experienced Chief Executive Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the cannabis and investment industries. Skilled in Venture Capital, Options, Investment Banking, and Asset Management. Strong business development professional with a BA and BSE from The University of Michigan.
Connect with Vinay Tolia:
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304