In this episode, Nathan and Tom Graney discuss:
- Aligning life plans and investment plans
- Importance of focusing on client needs
- Why listening is so important
- Learning from your clients
- The most important thing we could do is to help people identify their life goals and objectives and match those goals with their investment plans.
- Always consider the client’s comfort level with various strategies. For example, you can explore ways to plan for a family’s financial needs while at the same time meeting philanthropic goals.
- Listen and ask questions, avoid assuming or dictating without understanding their entire situation or learning about their investing philosophy.
- Look forward to learning from your clients. Approach each meeting with curiosity and humility, while also giving them sound ideas and providing tools that will help them succeed.
“The biggest mistake that’s made in our industry is that we tell… we don’t listen enough.” — Tom Graney
About Tom Graney: He is a Senior Wealth Advisor at Planning Alternatives with a mission to serve clients’ best interests. He works with high net worth individuals, families and executives to develop successful wealth plans that meet their current and future goals and aspirations. His direct experience managing both client relationships and teams of financial consultants has given him a broad set of skills in the financial services industry . He has served on multiple non-profit boards and has learned that to be part of a community it is important to be involved and give back.
Connect with Tom Graney:
Phone: 239 450 5903
Address: 649 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 221, Naples, FL 34102
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200