In this episode, Nathan and Ed Morton discuss:
- The fulfillment of giving back
- Learning from your mistakes
- Importance of building trust in any organization
- Leadership is influence
- In every step of the way, consider those that have yet to reach where you are and help them along. We have a responsibility to give to others the opportunity that we have been given.
- Don’t waste your mistakes. There’s a valuable lesson to be learned in each one. Experience is one of the best teachers.
- In any organization, it’s important that there is cohesiveness, trust, accountability, and equality. See that each member is as important as the other and that everyone is doing their job, including the leader.
- Leadership is influence, it isn’t about telling people how to do their job, it’s about reminding them why and giving them the resources to accomplish their individual mission.
“None of us will accomplish our mission unless all of us believe in what we’re doing.” — Ed Morton
About Ed Morton: He is an accomplished executive and leader, from serving in the military to working as CEO for NCH Healthcare system, to being a portfolio manager to serving on a number of boards. Ed resides in Naples, Florida and is actively involved in the community.
Connect with Ed Morton:
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200