In this episode, Nathan, Greg Friedman, and Shaun Kapusinski discuss:
- How Greg and Shaun came together to write The Financial Advisor M & A Guidebook.
- What drives a firm to consider M & A.
- How M & A can fuel growth plus and facilitate succession planning.
- How people and culture define success.
- Technology integration is critical in any M&A transaction.
- Don’t underestimate the need for frequent communication and ongoing recognition during and after a M & A transaction.
- Invest the time up front to clarify roles, define transition steps and set expectations.
- Be prepared for the unexpected.
“M&A (mergers and acquisitions) is a pathway and opportunity for growth and succession planning.” — Greg Friedman
Connect with Greg Friedman:
Greg Friedman, Founder, CEO and President
100 Smith Ranch Road, Suite 300, San Rafael, CA 94903
Company Website – www.privateocean.com
Company Facebook – www.facebook.com/privateocean/
Company Twitter – @_privateocean
Company LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/private-ocean-wealth-management/
Email – Greg.Friedman@privateocean.com
Twitter – @GregFriedmanCEO
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/in/greg-friedman-cfp/
Connect with Shaun Kapusinski:
Shaun Kapusinski, MBA, HCS – Director of Operations
Sequoia Financial Group
Main Office: 3500 Embassy Pkwy, Suite 100, Akron, OH 44333
Main Office Phone Number: 888 225-3777
Company Website – www.sequoia-financial.com
Company LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/company/sequoia-financial-group
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Phone – 330 255-4349
Twitter – @shaunkap
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/in/shaunkapusinski/
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304