In this episode, Nathan and Desirée discuss:
- How mentorship at an early age can unlock young people’s potential
- Leveraging the education you get in all areas of life, not just within the classroom
- The benefits of having a purpose-driven company and social enterprise, going beyond business
- How to attract and retain young talent within your organization through a defined purpose-driven approach
- The intention behind money – how does it become the support system of your values and impact on the world
- One’s childhood is pivotal, it has the potential to determine how a person’s growth journey will unfold. It is a time when people may meet a teacher, a coach, or a mentor that ignites that spark for them to go on to do great things.
- McKinsey’s research says that 70% of people say that they define their purpose through their work. People are now associating their personal brand with their place of work and the career they have.
- Having a purpose-driven company that’s focused on initiatives such as corporate social responsibility and sustainable practices will not only attract and retain talented recruits, they will also attract investors.
- The purpose of money isn’t just to make more. The money that we earn allows us to leave the world a better place. Money enables us to leave a legacy that helps the world and gives back to others.
“It’s really important to understand that these days in order to attract and retain young talent, you have to have some type of purpose behind what you do.”
— Desirée Bombenon
About Desirée Bombenon: Desirée Bombenon is the CEO and Chief Disruption officer of SureCall Contact Centers Ltd. She has over 30 years of business operational experience and strategic leadership. Awarded RBC’s Women’s Entrepreneur for 2020, Ernst & Young 2019 Entrepreneur of the year for the Prairies in Communication Technology, she is a bold innovator, futurist, and purpose-driven leader. Her portfolio includes business strategy, social enterprise, and culture building. Desirée was named WXN Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women for 2020, 2017, & 2016. She is an active member of a number of organizations including YPO and International Women’s Forum and has chaired several industry boards and focus groups.
Connect with Desirée Bombenon:
- Website: https://www.surecallcc.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DesireeBombenon
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
- Phone: 248-645-1520
- Website: www.dayinacanoe.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @NathanMersereau
- LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 255 S Old Woodward, Suite 310
Birmingham, MI 48009
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.