In this episode, Nathan and Bill Emerson discuss:
- Bill’s upbringing, college days at Penn State and lessons learned from his father.
- How team sports shapes people.
- Bill’s journey from loan officer to CEO of Quicken Loans.
- Leadership insight, the importance of serving others and what motivates Bill today.
- You don’t have to be the most talented, you just have to work harder than everyone else.
- Effort, energy, and sacrifice is required if you want to be great.
- Everything starts with the people on your team and your relationships with them.
- Focus on removing obstacles for the people you are leading.
Give in any capacity you can because it is the right thing to do. “When you take team members and empower them to be part of the solution, you can do anything.” — Bill Emerson
Connect with Bill Emerson: Bill Emerson,
Vice Chairman Quicken Loans & Rock Holdings, Inc.
1050 Woodward Ave. Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: 800 863-4332
Twitter – @BillEmerson
Quicken Loans website - www.quickenloans.com
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200 Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304