In this episode, Nathan and Kim Laughton discuss:
- Kim’s role at Schwab Charitable
- How donor-advised funds work
- Charitable giving trends
- Kim’s career track and what fuels her mission to increase giving at Schwab Charitable
- Advice Kim would give to her 20-year-old self.
- Every dollar matters and everyone can make an impact by giving to charity.
- Start giving early in life, even if it is volunteer time rather than money.
- You can have it all, but not necessarily all at the same time.
- Figure out what you want in life, be patient and don’t compromise.
- Embrace optimistic realism – look forward to the future, but be grounded in your present.
“It’s the marrying of the heart and the mind, when it comes to giving, that can make it the most satisfying.” — Kim Laughton
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304