In this episode, Nathan and Rumia Ambrose-Burbank discuss:
- How VMS365 – Vendor Management Solutions 365 – started and its focus today.
- Rumia’s background, career path, and milestones.
- Challenges of being a female minority business owner.
- What motivates Rumia today and why she wants to give back.
- Be self-reflective – be willing to take the advice, or at least consider the advice, you are given by your mentors
- Be around people who are focused, or you won’t be focused.
- Have resolve to work and do a good job.
- The world isn’t going to change and morph around you in a day, so sometimes you need to adjust to survive
- Don’t be afraid to say yes if you think you can do something. Do everything you can to figure out how to do it.
“At the end of the day, it’s relationships. And you can’t build a relationship until people are comfortable.” — Rumia Ambrose-Burbank
Connect with Rumia:
LinkedIn: Rumia Ambrose-Burbank
Connect with Nathan Mersereau:
LinkedIn: Nathan Mersereau
Address: 36800 Woodward Avenue, Suite 200
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304