Jim has over 15 years of wealth management experience. He specializes in advising clients with complex financial situations, such as those involving privately held businesses, executive compensation packages, and estate tax liabilities. Prior to joining Planning Alternatives, Jim was co-founder and managing partner of the Capstone Group, LLC, which provided wealth management services to high net worth families.
He is a member of the Investment Committee and Financial Planning Committee where he shares responsibility for researching investments and financial strategies for our clients.
Jim earned a BA degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) credential.
What makes you good at your job?
I am hardwired for my role at Planning Alternatives. According to StrengthsFinder, my top five strengths are:
- Futurist – I am a forward-looking planner by nature
- Relator – I thrive when working in close relationship with others toward a common goal
- Communication – I have a knack for explaining things clearly
- Activator – I am wired to help others take action
- Maximizer – I love developing something good into something truly outstanding
If you could be famous for 24 hours, who would you be?
Share a unique fact about yourself:
I grew up on a farm!