We are among the 9% of financial services firms that operate exclusively as a fiduciary1 — meaning that we are legally required to always act in our clients’ best interest. The other 91% of firms are in fact structured as sales companies.
Non-fiduciary firms may be paid more if they recommend certain products over others. Financial products that are laden with commissions, lock-ups and surrender penalties are sold by financial representatives employed by or affiliated with a broker-dealer, and are not fiduciaries like us. Why is that? Our fiduciary investment process puts you first. That’s not just talk; it has very real and practical implications:
- We have no proprietary products—we select solutions that fit you best.
- We do not accept commissions of any kind—we provide objective advice not influenced by a sales culture and compensation.
- We do not hide fees—our compensation is clear and fully disclosed. It aligns our interests with yours and is below the national average investment advisory fee (often by a significant margin2).
- We are not beholden to sales managers, home offices or shareholders—we are completely independent so we can serve you first and always.
Our fiduciary investment process puts you first to help you achieve your objectives with the confidence that your portfolio is serving your best interests.
- Cerulli Associates Advisor Metrics December 2012
- PriceMetrix Fee & Managed Asset Pricing, Volume 3, March 2011. The study measured the pricing patterns of 15,000 financial advisors and 2.3 million investors across North America. The analysis aggregated data across 1 million fee-based accounts between 2007 and 2010 that were open for at least 12 months. No third party fees were included. There was no data provided in the report on the level of service provided for the fee charged
We provide access to institutional-only strategies and pass along negotiated cost savings to you. We continue to improve our solutions that are often inspired by the approaches of top pension funds, endowments and foundations.
Our in-house investment process is rigorous and our methods are time-tested. Despite a successful history, we never rest on our laurels and we incorporate the latest academic research and institutional standards of portfolio construction. Utilizing world class research ensures that your strategy benefits from the best thinking and adapts to an evolving investment landscape.
Our investment committee is responsible for designing our clients’ investment strategies. Your customized portfolio will reflect the combined expertise of our investment team.